Thursday, October 18, 2018

Thank You Thursday

I recently got back in touch with a friend that I haven't seen in years. It was great to reconnect and to see what God has done in our lives since we last saw each other.

I go to thinking about the many women that have crossed my path over the years that I've long since lost contact with. There are so many women with whom I've shared sweet fellowship. Even though our fellowship may have been brief or may have been a long time ago, I am thankful for them and how I've seen Christ in them and how in some way, I've become the woman I am today because of them.

So starting today and continuing on successive Thursdays, I want to tell you of these women and what they've meant to me.

Thank you Jackie

When I first met Jackie, I was in my late teens. She was in her late twenties and she was a wife and mother and a leader in a friend's youth group. She was patient, thoughtful, and very observant. She saw things in me that I thought I was hiding so that no one could ever see them.

She was very much the model of a Titus 2 woman. She was reverent. She was a role model. She and her husband taught me what it meant to love God with my heart, mind, soul, and strength and my neighbor as myself. She showed what it looked like to love and respect her husband and to love and nurture her son. She showed me unconditional love. She encouraged me to overcome specific sins I was struggling with.

Sadly, after I went away to college, I didn't see much more of Jackie. She still encouraged my growing faith and was happy to sit with me the few times I was around and able to visit with her.

Thank you Jackie for showing me the kind of woman that I still aspire to be!

What about you, who are the women that you are thankful for?

Linkups

3 comments:

  1. What a blessing that you've decided to honor the women who have built into your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a great joy for me to remember remarkable women like Jackie! Much fruit has been borne out of how she poured into my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's is a true blessing to take stock of the women in our lives who believe in us and encourage us and live an incredible example. I am blessed to have a few of these friends and I cherish them.

    ReplyDelete