Thursday, November 1, 2018

Thank You Thursday

Another Thursday brings time to remember another woman who has helped inspire me to become the woman I am today. Today's dear sister and I worked together years ago when we were both single.

Thank You Carla

Carla and I met when I was in my twenties. We worked down the hall from each other and my work frequently found me in her part of the building. We were just acquaintances or work friends until I found out that she was a sister in the Lord.

Carla was more of a girly girl that I was. She was always dressed nicely and perfectly made up. I was more casual. But her smile - you could see the joy of the Lord in it!

She became a great friend and constant encouragement to me. On days when there seemed to be a black cloud hanging over me, she helped me to see the Son shining through.

The day she stopped by my office to tell me that she was going to get married to a wonderful man from her church and that then they were following God and moving across the country hit me hard. I was happy for the joy my dear sister was experiencing but sad to see my friend go.

Though we have lost touch, I am thankful for the light she brought into my life.

Linking up with other sisters

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful memory of a true friend. Maybe you could find her on social media (Facebook) to show her this post!

    ReplyDelete