Thursday, August 23, 2018

How Do You Hold Your Husband Near To You?

He works nights. I work days. It seems so hard for us to connect sometimes. When I go to bed, I long for him to be there with me. When I rise in the morning, I think of him and pray for him.

He loves music. He often wants me to check out a song that he thinks is great. We don't always have the same taste in music. Yet as I listen to some of his favorite songs, I think of him and feel closer to him.

I want to make a playlist of a few of his favorite songs and listen to it at night as I get ready for bed and pray for him. Maybe that way, he will be near to me in my thoughts and in my heart when I go to bed without him.

What do you do to hold your husband close when you are apart?

Today, I'm linking up with Crystal Storms whose post today helped me to pray for a deeper connection!

3 comments:

  1. I hold my husband close by taking walks with him and spending time outside with him. I like that term - hold your husband close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kathy. What a beautiful reminder to look for ways to hold our husbands close. Praying for my husband helps me hold him close. Texting words of encouragement is another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a sweet gift to your husband and your marriage, Kathy. One thing I do is try to remember details of the work stories that my husband tells me so I can recall them later when we're talking. It's not always a subject that I'm naturally interested in, but I am interested in him! :)

    ReplyDelete