Friday, August 17, 2018

When Facing Trouble

I was reading through Psalm 50 this morning and stopped to meditate on verse 15. I wondered to myself what does trouble really mean?

So, using my Blue Letter Bible app and looked it up.

The Hebrew word here is צָרָה tsârâh and it's meaning really struck me. Emphasis below is mine.

From the outline of Biblical Usage:

  1. straits, distress, trouble
  2. vexer, rival wife

From Strong's: tightness (i.e. figuratively, trouble); transitively, a female rival:—adversary, adversity, affliction, anguish, distress, tribulation, trouble

A rival wife, a female rival, trouble.

Anything that is competing for the affections of a husband, or of a child, or even competing for my affections - anything that is not in line with what God wants for us and is competing for our affections - that is trouble.

So, I call out to God to keep me away from things that steal my affections away. Deliver me from trouble and I will glorify You!

No comments:

Post a Comment