Monday, August 20, 2018

Longing

I woke up this morning feeling crowded, like the walls were pushing in. Too many things on my to do list and not enough time to do them. Wake up. Exercise. Read my Bible and pray. Make lunch. Have breakfast. Shower and get ready for the day. Get in the car. Drive to work. Get ready for a meeting I lead. Make that two meetings. No, wait, let me check my calendar, three meetings. So much to do, I can't breathe.

All the while, I wanted to be in bed snuggled up next to the man that I love. To feel his breath against my body. To inhale the scent of his manliness. To thank God for the blessing that he is. But he is working nights and I woke up alone. With an ache in my heart that won't be soothed until we are together again. With so much to do before we are together. God, how can I wait for him?

But God says, "My daughter. I am here. I know the longings of your heart. Be still..."

No comments:

Post a Comment