Friday, July 24, 2015

But It Looks Good


It's a battle we're still fighting. I know I don't need to have dessert tonight, but oh that piece of pie just looks scrumptious. It won't hurt me. Will it?

I know the speed limit is only 35 here, but I'm running late. It won't hurt if I speed just a little.

We all do things that we know we shouldn't do. It may look good. It may feel good. We may think we're going to receive a benefit from doing it. But we know it's wrong.

When we do something God told us not to do, we sin. We may think we gain some short-term benefits, but it separates us from God. In doing so, we may lead others astray.

“But if we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous, forgiving us our sins and cleansing us from all unrighteousness.”
1 John 1:9 NET
http://bible.com/107/1jn.1.9.net

No comments:

Post a Comment