Sunday, May 8, 2016

Fear


“So we may boldly say: “The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?””
Hebrews 13:6 NKJV

This is such a wonderful verse. It starts with a bold proclamation of the truth: The LORD is my helper. Then it moves to the appropriate reaction: I will not fear. But, it doesn't stop there. For the truth and the reaction, it continues to the dismissal of worries: What can man do to me?

LORD, often times I let fear hold me back. In many regards, it is fear that has kept me from becoming the godly woman I long to be.

I suffer from fear of how people would react. Fear of whether people would still love me. Fear of being rejected by my family. In the world today, these fears seem justified.

But only if I focus on the world. YOU are my helper. I should not fear. How weak is my faith that I can only say "should" and not "will"?

LORD, help me to trust you even more than I do. Help me to accept your help. Help me to not fear and walk on this path set before me.

You, O Christ, are me beloved. You are mine and I am yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment