Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Take off your sandals

Sandal

As I come to Exodus 3 and read the story of Moses at the burning bush, I am struck by God's first instruction to Moses. "God said, 'Do not approach any closer! Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.'" (Exodus 3:5 NET) God is telling Moses how to approach Him. Taking off your sandals was a sign of your dirtiness, your unworthiness, your sinfulness. I don't know about you, but I love a nice pair of sandals whether they be comfy or dressy. Sandals make me feel cute, free, and sexy. But take off my sandals and what am I? Just a sinful human being before a holy God. As I take off my sandals and confess my sinfulness, I am comforted. "But if we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous, forgiving us our sins and cleansing us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9 NET)

I am reading through (and blogging as led) Exodus following the Good Morning Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment