Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Not Afraid

Winter is over and I, for one, am glad. Of course, it seems that everywhere I drive, I am still reminded of the recent winter. There is still sand at the edge of the roads left over from when it snowed. At this point, it seems like it would take Noahic rains to wash it all off the roads. I don't think that is in the forecast.

But when it snowed, we had nothing to worry about. The roof over our heads, though old, was not in danger of failing. We never lost heat. The wood stove made the house feel like it was summertime. The kids all had warm clothes to wear and plenty of hot chocolate to drink.

The excellent wife is somewhat of a realist. She realizes the blessings she has and the protection she has. She may even be pragmatic and has planned to make sure that she and her family are ready. This I know. It may be almost summer, but I'm ready. Let it snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment