Friday, May 1, 2015

What She Needs

What can't she do? Really, it's seeming like the excellent wife is a super woman! She spins her own yarn or thread. That's something that seems so far from my reality. I can't do that. But then again, I don't need to. When I consider this verse with a little more humility, I think of how when she had a need, she doesn't immediately ask "who can help me?" She instead asks "what can I do?" It's so easy to buy clothes at your favorite store. Want a new dress? Take a quick trip to the mall and you're sure to find plenty to choose from. Don't like it anymore? Donate it, throw it out, or just leave it in the back of your closet. But what if it wasn't so easy? If you had to sew your own dress, you might have made something that you might have liked even better and would have lasted longer. If you had poured your heart into making it, you may have treasured it more and been more satisfied. That's the secret of the excellent wife. She pours her heart into what she does and is satisfied with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment