Thursday, March 26, 2015

Are You Finished With That?


OK, I'll admit it. I'm not much of a neat freak. When I'm finished using something, I'll often leave it laying around somewhere instead of putting it away. Sometimes, I'll see it laying there and pick it up and use it again before putting it away. Convenient or just lazy?

Paul is telling us here in Colossians to put things away. Of course, if we're to be putting them away, that means we need to be finished with the,. Anger: be finished with it. Rage: stop it and put it away! Malice: put it down and put it away. Slander: but, I like slander. Nope. Put it away. Abusive language: no more. Put it away.

All of this belongs to our old self. Since, we have died with Christ and are living in Him, we have a new self. None of this belongs to the new self. Put it away and put on your new self. You're going to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment