Monday, March 9, 2015

Grace and Peace

Grace to you and peace from God our Father.
Colossians 1:2b

Grace and peace to you...

  • Grace, unmerited favor, gift that we do not deserve, that by which we are saved,
  • to you, not just someone else, but you dear reader, you, by name, you personally, you specifically,
  • and peace, on top of the grace we have the ceasing of hostilities, the quieting of the storms, the stillness of the hectic
  • from God, not from ourselves, not from each other, but from God who is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent, the Creator of all,
  • our, you're not in this alone, we're in this together, two are better than one, right,
  • Father, a daddy who loves us, who takes care of us, who provides for us, who makes a home for us

Such a simple opening, but oh what a rich treasure! Do you need grace or peace today? I know that I certainly do. Our heavenly father, who loves us so dearly, has given it to us in Christ. Stand together with me as He gives it to us. Receive it joyfully.

I am reading through Colossians and hoping to blog about it daily as I meditate on what I am reading that day. Already, I find myself greatly encouraged and I'm only two verses in!

No comments:

Post a Comment