Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sharing the inheritance



Colossians 1:12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. 
Have you ever told yourself "I'm not qualified to do that."  Maybe you were thinking of leading a small group or teach a class or speak in front of a large group of people.  I'm not qualified for that.  Maybe there is some club or group or clique that you long to be part of but I'm not qualified for that.  Maybe you'd love to be like people you see on TV or read about on the internet who seem to be able to do whatever they want whenever they want with no worries about the cost, but I'm not qualified for that.
I hate to break it to you, dear reader, but there's a lot neither you nor I are qualified for.  We are sinners and thus we are not qualified to share in the inheritance of the saints. Our sins are so filthy, we shouldn't even be in the same room. Nothing we can do can qualify us for this blessing. Yet, God the Father qualifies us.  He sent His son, the One who was qualified, to die on the cross for our sin so that we might be qualified.  What love! What a blessing.
Rejoice with me that we have been qualified to share in such a wonderful inheritance!

No comments:

Post a Comment