Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Who has heard of your faith?

since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love that you have for all the saints,
Colossians 1:4

Paul is praying for the Colossians because he has hears of their faith. As I read this and examine my heart, I have to ask myself, would Paul be praying for me?  Certainly the people who know me at my church know of my faith. And there's the people who know me from other family activities (that take place at other churches) know of my faith.  But does my neighbor know of my faith?  Does the brother or sister who lives down the street and goes to some church other than mine (and I probably don't even know it) know of my faith?  What of my love for all the saints? My love for most of the saints? My love for even SOME of the saints?  If I find that my love is not known and my faith is not well enough known, I must ask myself what is my faith really in?

Paul talks of the word of truth, the gospel, and how it is bearing fruit and increasing.  I have heard the word of truth and I study it daily. I pray that it may truly be bearing fruit in my life and increasing. I pray too that for you, dear reader, it may also be bearing fruit and increasing.  Is it? Let me know in the comments and will rejoice with you and be praying for you!

Tomorrow: Colossians 1:10-14

No comments:

Post a Comment