Monday, March 23, 2015

The Reality Is Christ

How many things do we pursue because of what others want of us? Do we worry about whether to do something because it makes us a better Christian? The answe, sady for me, is yes. There are plenty of times I worry about having to do this or having to do that because that's what people expect of me or want to impose on me rather than just kicking back and doing what God wants me to do. These things, in fact, may be things that God does want me to do, but it is not these things that make me a better Christian. These things are only a shadow and though the have the image of Christ, they are not Christ! The reality is Christ! 100% authentic reality - Christ! I want reality - not fantasy or virtual reality. I want Christ!

So, I will seek Him and Him only. If He leads me to do these other things that others want me to do, I will do them because He wants me to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment