Monday, March 16, 2015

Fully Known


...to make the word of God fully known
Colossians 1:25

What do I do to make the Word of God fully known or know to its fullest? It would seem to me that if this is my goal, I should keep several things in mind.
Do I know God's Word?  If I am to make His Word fully known, I should be studying it daily.
Do I know God's full Word? Am I guilty of focussing on part of His Word and ingnoring other parts of it?
Am I making it known? It's one thing for me to read and study it, but if I am just keeping it to myself, that's just keeping my light under a bushel, isn't it.
Am I making it known to all those around me? I may share what God is teaching me through His Word with my family or my friends from church, but am I sharing it with my neighbors or with my coworkers?

Oh Lord, I pray that as I read and study Your Word, you help me to understand it all and see the picture of Your love, holiness, mercy, and grace that is woven throughout it.  Help me to live a life according to Your Word and to share it's glorious riches with ALL those around me.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment